As we come closer to the end of August, Spring will be arriving in no time!
The way we maintain a swimming pool will depend on the climate in which Spring season will bring about. It is highly critical that your special asset is regularly maintained correctly according to the season we are in as it will save you money and time in the long term. Here are some tips on how to keep your pool clean and optimal in the coming season of Spring:
- Thoroughly clean the pool and vacuum the walls and floor.
- Check the pump is working properly and organise a full pool equipment service by us, the Pump & Pool People.
- Check or replace fittings and check for leaks.
- Check the chlorine and pH levels every two weeks.
- Empty the skimmer basket when full.
- Occasionally check the water level is halfway up the skimmer box opening.
- Occasionally check the pressure gauge on the filter is not indicating ‘backwash’.
- Turn the pool lights on for at least 30 minutes a week to prevent the buildup of moisture within the light and wiring.
We understand that time is a precious commodity when you have a busy lifestyle. Pump & Pool People are here to help! Our technicians are fully trained and experienced in all areas of pool care in every season. Click here for more information.
You can also contact us on 02 9790 1563 to arrange your swimming pool to be thoroughly and regularly maintained by our pool experts. You can also bring a water sample into our shop for a FREE computer water analysis at Unit 1/167 Newbridge Rd, Chipping Norton (entry via Gov Macquarie Dr ).